We had the whole week off this year, so the kids and I got to spend a lot of time with family in Sonora. Tracy had to work, then had an emergency root-canal, but made it in time for the big day. His favorite holiday was almost ruined, but with enough pain medication he managed to enjoy his mother's famous turkey and dressing.
The girls spent several hours making Indian headbands for everyone to wear at the two feasts. This is the only picture I have, but everyone did wear them. Uncle Kenny even added more feathers to his so he could be the "Chief", but Baylen quickly told him that only made him the biggest "Turkey!" Baylen used my head as a template so everyone's headband was a little big. Apparently it takes a big skull to house such a large and knowledgeable brain!
At the Barker feast we had a non-traditional German meal of beirocks, apple-jacks, fluffy dumplings, and fixin's. Turns out not all my kids are super picky eaters. Dravyn loved the beirocks and ate one and a half the first night when we snuck some fresh out of the oven.
The girls also brought their artwork from school and a couple they made at home to decorate MayMay and Papa John's house.
This is the poem Sayer learned for school and recited at each of our special feasts.
I think of sunshine, clear and bright.
I think of stars twinkling at night.
I think of friends family and more.
I have so much to be thankful for.
AMEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment