Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Afghan Girl"

This is the famous "Afghan Girl" picture from National Geographic Magazine. I realize it is a very serious picture and speaks of tragedy and loss and I am in no means trying to belittle that message in any way.



After a long afternoon of swimming, my little three wrapped up in their towels and I thought I could emulate that famous shot. First of all, my photographic skills are sadly lacking and I am still getting used to my new camera. And secondly, trying to get these yahoos to look serious was way harder than I even thought it could be. Here are my attempts.



Baylen's got the spooky eyes, but I couldn't get her to look at me. Plus they look a little red from all the swimming!

Apparently, this is as serious as Sayer can get!

Dravyn does appear to look a bit tortured but only because I had hold of one of his arms and he was trying to escape.
I guess I'll just stick to family photos for now!

1 comment:

  1. Dravyn's makes me laugh out loud...especially since he's going to KILL YOU someday when he sees what you did to him!!! Love ya.
    Happy Independence Day and Happy Birthday to Sayer Vaughn Crites!! :)

    ReplyDelete